The next upgrade of Windows Live Messenger has been leaked from a “private” beta for 5,000 users (surprising?) and is available for downloading—at least until Microsoft decides too many people are hitting their servers. The beta of Live Messenger 9 shows off some decently cool features, including the ability to log on from multiple locations without annoying warning messages, setting up “signature sounds” that broadcast to those you’re chatting, spam reporting, and a generally less-cluttered interface. The full version isn’t due out until late 2008 or early 2009, so more additions are sure to come. Windows Live Messenger 9 beta is a free download (while it lasts) and works on Windows XP and Vista.
What’s almost as good as stuffing your belly with a healthy Thanksgiving dinner? Free downloads! And Techsmith is offering a deal that will make your screencasting wishes come true.
The company is offering its popular Camtasia Studio software up as a free download. The screencasting software currently sells for $300. But there is one small catch. The most recent version of Camtasia Studio is Camtasia 5, while the version available for free download is Camtasia 3. That means a few of the newer features will not be available. Nonetheless, it’s free and upgradable to version 5 for half price if you choose.
[ Source: Download Squad ]
Using the same tutorial for searchinfg files from MediaFire, we will search the files from Rapidshare.com or Rapidshare.de with the extra parameter on the search format.
Just visit Google.com and type “site: rapidshare.com” or “site:rapidshare.de” followed by:
- “inurl:pdf” for e-book in PDF format
- “inurl:avi|wmv|mpg|mpeg|mov|mpeg4” for movie format.
- “inurl:mp3|wma|ogg” for audio format.
- “inurl:exe|msi” for Windows executable format.
- “inurl:zip|rar|7z” for Windows compression format.
Restore GRUB quite simple in Ubuntu, instead going through all the “gain root access” and play with shell commands, you can use the Ubuntu installation CD to restore it without going through all kinds of hassles.
Here are the steps:
- Boot your computer up with Ubuntu CD
- Go through all the process until you reach “[!!!] Disk Partition”
- Select Manual Partition
- Mount your appropriate linux partions
- DO NOT FORMAT THEM.
- Finish the manual partition
- Say “Yes” when it asks you to save the changes
- It will give you errors saying that “the system couldn’t install …..” after that
- Ignore them, keep select “continue” until you get back to the Ubuntu installation menu
- Jump to “Install Grub ….”
- Once it is finished, just restart your computer
Another way to restore GRUB, for advance users.
- Pop in the Live CD, boot from it until you reach the desktop.
- Open a terminal window or switch to a tty.
- Type “grub”
- Type “root (hd0,6)”, or whatever your hard disk + boot partition numbers are (my /boot is at /dev/sda7, which translates to hd0,6 for grub).
- Type “setup (hd0)”, or whatever your hard disk number is.
- Quit grub by typing “quit”.
NATIONAL EXCUSE FOR HAIR LOSS
NATIONAL EXCUSE FOR BEING LATE
“On my way!!!”
None. Most Malaysians still feel embarrassed buying condoms. So they rushed into a 7-11, hurriedly grab the nearest pack, any pack, pay and leave before the cashier can even blink an eye.
NATIONAL FRUIT FOR INDUCING MENSTRUATION
NATIONAL APHRODISIAC DRINK
Stout. Many swear by it. But after a few pints they start swearing at everything…
NATIONAL FAKE ILLNESS FOR GETTING MC (MEN)
NATIONAL FAKE ILLNESS FOR GETTING MC (WOMEN)
NATIONAL EXCUSES GIVEN BY WOMEN WHEN REFUSING SEX
Headache, kids not asleep, maid not asleep, mother-in-law around, early appointment, food not digested yet, aircond not cold enough,! aircond too cold, nail polish not dry yet, forgot to take the pill, sleepy,stomachcramps, period, haven’t remove make-up, haven’t shower, no water supply, going to watch “Santa Barbara”, depress, no mood, etc…
NATIONAL EXCUSES GIVEN BY MEN WHEN REFUSING SEX
None. Malaysian men never refuse sex. (oh ya??)
NATIONAL CURE FOR HEADACHES
Panadol. The “cure for all”. If it fails we have another secret weapon;
NATIONAL CURE FOR DIZZINESS
Minyak Angin Cap Kapak.
NATIONAL CAUSE OF DIZZINESS (FOR YUPPIES)
NATIONAL INSTANT CURE FOR DIZZINESS (FOR YUPPIES)
The sight of a police roadblock. (;-o)
NATIONAL RUBBISH DUMP
Anywhere. As long as it is not your house.
NATIONAL MOST MIS-PRONOUNCED NAME
Carrefour. Sometimes even pronounced as Carry 4! On second thoughts, why bother pronouncing stupid French brands like Peugeot, Renault or Citroen correctly. I think it sounds better, when the local mechanics say “Pew Jeot”. When I was in school, Milo was always ‘MeeLo’, now that I’m sophisticated, I say “My Lo”. So don’t be embarassed saying “Carry 4” when the Mat Sallehs shamelessly pronounce orang utans as “rangutan”.
NATIONAL ROADSIDE DISTRACTION
The Bra-less Tourist. See how heads turn and traffic slows down when a bra-less Mat Salleh backpacker goes bouncing about on the streets.
If you want to enable or disable the prompt to type a username and password to get into Windows you can follow these steps.
- Click Start –> Run
- Type “control userpasswords2“
- Uncheck the box that says “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.“
Vulnerabilities in USB drivers for Windows could allow an attacker to take control of locked workstations using a specially programmed Universal Serial Bus device, according to an executive from SPI Dynamics, which discovered the security hole.
The buffer-overflow vulnerabilities could enable an attacker to circumvent Windows security and gain administrative access to a user’s machine.
[ Source: eWeek.com ]